Wednesday, January 28, 2009



I've been posting these strips that were turned into short movies by Dan Wiebe of Winnipeg. As you can see/hear, he added some little extra graphics and songs. The strips originally appeared in Vice and he shot the strips from the printed page.


Barc Mell said...

Well, I know that song, Dan. That's the "Meow Meow Meow" song, of course. I don't know the real title or the artist. Dan, can you fill us in if you know this information?

Also, as a side note: this is how the strip originally appeared in Vice, I later repainted it for my "Shrimpy and Paul" book. It's a little different.

Barc Mell said...

Oh yeah: Dan, what is the ("it's over") image at the end?

deam said...

Oh god I can't remember where that "It's over" image came from. Wow. It's been a long time.

I don't know anything about the "Meow meow" advert song, either. All I know is it was around this time where some friends and I were wondering how many times a person could listen to that song back-to-back before going completely insane; hence its inclusion in this little film.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help Marc.

Barc Mell said...

Hey Dan, don't sweat it. I'll have my people investigate the "meow meow" song and see what we come up with. I am kidding, I don't have "people".

Barc Mell said...